Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Birthday !

Today is my father's birthday.   I wrote in his card this morning.... 
"Probably not what you had planned for today but certainly worth 
celebrating".   It has been a blessing having my parents here during 
Jolie's recovery.   They have been a tremendous help with our kids 
during the past 3-1/2 weeks.  I remember when my grandmother began 
slowing down.  My father never missed a day talking with her.   And 
when my father's brother struggled with his battle with cancer, he 
also called to talk to him everyday.   There are many traits that I 
admire in my father, but compassion is at the top of this list.     I 
hope that I successfully pass these values down to my son.  Happy 
Birthday Dad !   I Love You !   What an incredible God we have.  Jimmy 
Carle

No comments:

Post a Comment