Monday, February 27, 2012

Dear Central

Dear Central United Methodist Church,
 
Sabrina asked me the other day if I was ready to address the  
congregation with an update on Jolie.   I sort of already knew the  
answer to that question, but told her that I would take it under  
consideration.  I promise that I did actually think about it.  But the  
events are still too current in my heart. There will come a time when  
I am able to share this amazing journey with everyone, and I really do  
look forward to that time.  But just not right now.
 
I have to be honest,  I get emotional inside at some point every  
Sunday morning.   This is something that has occurred most of my adult  
life.  It may be certain lyrics to a song.  It may be the beautiful  
voice of a soloist.   It may be the harmony of the praise band.  It  
may be the words in a sermon.  I can't explain it, but I certainly  
love coming to our church and getting that feeling.  So to imagine  
myself standing in front of our congregation and talking about how the  
previous four weeks have forever changed my life, is nearly impossible  
right now.
 
CUMC means everything to my family. When my father was transferred to  
Meridian in 1977, this was the first church that we joined.  And I  
have been a member ever since.  Once we had children of our own, our  
involvement with this church really increased.  But today, more than  
ever, I truly understand how important this church is in my life.  And  
I realize how
fortunate we are to have such a wonderful staff.  I don't really  
consider them as staff anymore,  as they have been so much more over  
the past four weeks.  We have all become very close, and those  
relationships will forever be different.
 
I am overwhelmed to see how this entire church has wrapped their  
hearts around Jolie's recovery.  I am tearful everytime that I think  
about it.  We've proven together just how amazing the power of prayer  
can be.  Speaking of prayer, how did you organize Jolie's prayer  
service so quickly?  I heard it was beautiful.   So many of my friends  
have exclaimed that they've never experienced anything so moving before.
 
Once you have read this, Jolie should be out of the hospital and  
resting at home.  It won't be long before she has gained enough  
strength, and feels ready to return to church on Sundays.  That first  
Sunday back might be a little crowded.  We have a lot if people that  
have already asked to join us.
 
I encourage all of you to share Jolie's story with anyone and  
everyone.  If anyone doubts the existance of our God. If anyone  
doesn't believe in the power of prayer.  If anyone has given up hope.   
If anyone doesn't believe in miracles.  Jolie's story can make them  
believers.  What she has overcome shouldn't be medically, or humanly,  
possible.  But all things are possible with God.  You are welcome to  
share my words if that helps: 

www.caringbridge.org ( visit site name : joliecarle ).
 
I hope that all of these words express how much I love this church.    
And how much I love the people inside of this church.   Thank you all,  
from the bottom of my heart for your constant support and prayers.  I  
Love You All,  Jimmy Carle
 
"The LORD is my strength and shield.  I trust him with all my heart.   
He helps me, and my heart is filled with Joy.  I burst out in songs of  
thanksgiving." Psalm 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment