Monday, February 13, 2012

The Game of Life

Typically when I write in the journal each night, I first think about 
what was the  most influencial aspect of that day.  But there is one 
topic that really consumed my first night at the hospital, but I just 
wasn't ready to let it out until now.  In fact, I've thought about it 
every night.  I have to admit, I couldn't stop my mind from thinking 
about life without Jolie during that first night.  I think that even 
with the strongest of Faith, the mind still has to consider the 
circumstances.   And at the time, the circumstances were not good.  
Where do you even begin?  How do you start over?  I was awake the 
entire night.   Despite praying over and over for Jolie to be OK, I 
couldn't keep my mind from drifting.   As the days passed, sleep 
gradually came easier.   That's because each passing day brought more 
good news.   And each passing day, helped to eliminate those bad 
thoughts.   There are no guarantees in the game of life.  And life can 
change in a second..... Something to think about !   I Love All Of 
You !   What an incredible God we have.   Jimmy Carle   2/11/12

No comments:

Post a Comment